Monday, January 19, 2009

Family gathering at Abang Aim's house


Semalam we went to Abang Aim's house for our monthly family gathering. We have pilau rice with lamb goulash, mixed pickles, fried chicken wing and satay.  For dessert, we have oreo cheesecake. All these foods were prepared by Kintan who is still here until 26-Jan. The lamb were actually flown from Melbourne with Kintan and daughter, Farhana. She brought two spring lamb, weighing around 15 kgs each and costing only AUD 80 per lamb. I terperanjat biler dengar dier betul betul bawak kambing tu dari Australia. Anyway, thanks Tan. Her cheesecake is super laku with the kids. I will try baking it this Chinese New Year holiday.

Our journey begins from 10.15am.  My SIL, her daughter, Yanti & Tini and myself met for breakfast at Enaq before heading to Causeway by bus.  Yes! we took bus to JB for the first time. It was so...so... smooth.  The new checkpoint is so huge and nice. The immigration officers look so "bersemangat" and this make the whole process a breeze... thumbs-up guys. MALAYSIA BOLEH!
What I didn't expect is, the walkway leading out of the immigration building were actually lead us into City Square. It's so convenient that you don't have to worry about the wheather. We left the mall around 3.30pm and took a taxi to Angsana. A heaven for us mummies.... Did some quick shopping (fed-up! husband datang terlalu awal to fetch us back) before going to Abang Aim's house. I should rate this shopping trip a pathetic 4/10.  This is due to the super short time spent at Angsana. Nevermind.... I will go back again soon.

As usual, our family gathering is always fun. Abang Aim played the video of his recent trip to Europe with Kak Leha on last Christmas. Their first encounter with snow....Paris in white is so awesome.

We left at around 10pm with bags of food tapaued for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment