Sometime last month, my bestie, Yati accompanied me to pick up this chair for a very small amount at one thrift store in Simei. Unfortunately it doesn't fit into her car. Ruth, the store manager felt very guilty about it becoz she's the one who convinced me that it can fit into a sedan.
As a compensation, she promised to deliver the chair to my house whenever they have delivery in the West. Its fine with me Ruth, anytime you are heading West, please dont forget to lug the chair into your van.
So, finally, it arrived on the afternoon of 19-April. The same evening, I got down into business sanding it. I used 100 grit sandpaper to rough up the semi-shiny finish until I got down to the bare wood. Since the chair was quite old, I was able to get down to the bare wood with some gentle sanding.
After few evenings of sanding, then I applied two/three thin, coats of white enamel matt finish paint. However, Mr Hub is not satisfied with the finishing, saying that its not so even. Haiz.... So, on his off day last weekend, he refinished the chair by spray painted over it.
As for the cushion, I've sewn a new cover using a red/white stripe Japanese heavy cotton.
And the result is simply ..... stunning. Im loving it!
As a compensation, she promised to deliver the chair to my house whenever they have delivery in the West. Its fine with me Ruth, anytime you are heading West, please dont forget to lug the chair into your van.
So, finally, it arrived on the afternoon of 19-April. The same evening, I got down into business sanding it. I used 100 grit sandpaper to rough up the semi-shiny finish until I got down to the bare wood. Since the chair was quite old, I was able to get down to the bare wood with some gentle sanding.
After few evenings of sanding, then I applied two/three thin, coats of white enamel matt finish paint. However, Mr Hub is not satisfied with the finishing, saying that its not so even. Haiz.... So, on his off day last weekend, he refinished the chair by spray painted over it.
As for the cushion, I've sewn a new cover using a red/white stripe Japanese heavy cotton.
And the result is simply ..... stunning. Im loving it!
TADDAA


No comments:
Post a Comment