Sunday, January 15, 2012

My sewing machine died... :((


This is my beautiful Riccar, sitting sadly on the floor of our guest room, because it had broke down! A week before our Turkey trip, I was busy altering my husband's pants when the needle stopped due to some threads entangling under the plate. I tugged on the fabric to pull it out, and then opened the bobbin case to clean it. I have done this many times and usually it solved the problem. But when I put the bobbin back again and pushed the needle down to hook the bobbin thread, the thread simply did not come out! I tried it manually and still nothing happened. I opened the plate, and cleaned it, oiled it, changed the needle, checked the thread, anything that I could think of, but still the bobbin thread refuse to come out.

On the following day, I took it to the technician and was told that I have to leave the machine there for further check. This is not a good sign .... Two days later, he called to tell me that my 24 year old Riccar is dead. My sewing machine died... Oh NO...

Sometimes we don't know how dependent we are to a material thing until it is broken. It's just a sewing machine, but I always feel so depressed whenever there is problem with it. I think I can handle if it was the TV, or the aircond, or maybe my oven, but not the sewing machine.

So, upon returning from Turkey, we went around shopping for sewing machines. I off course would like to have the same brand but, Riccar is no longer available in Singapore now. So finally, after reading and hearing good reviews, we bought Brother, a Japanese brand too.

Apart from this machine, I also bought a new serger. Yes! a Brother serger. Actually, my old serger, Happy Lock is still working but the stitches were getting from bad to worst. I just couldn't stand it, as it looked so untidy and made the finished product so ugly. I've been complaining a lot about the serger lately and I guess, Mr Hub got the hint.

 
So, these are the two machines bought on a New Year day of 2012.

Thank you so much dear husband for buying me these two babies

No comments:

Post a Comment