Update - 9 Aug, Monday
Finally, I've managed to find time to paint the 16 year-old "chandellier" into off-white. It was orginally in aqua green, the 'in' colour during the 90's. Here are the pictures of the revamped chandellier.
Below is the picture of the old aqua green chandellier. Perhaps some of you prefer the old one instead of the new white one. It's fine, everybody has it's own taste. But for me, I like the new one so much. Thanks Hatta for encouraging me to paint it into white.
It's a busy time in my little den on last Friday afternoon. My friend, Hatta and my SIL came over to help me making lampshades for my 16 year-old lamp at the dining room. This all started after seeing Hatta's new mini shades for his rooster chandellier. I like them so much and told myself I need exactly the same, a new shades.
I bought the shades in JB on last Wednesday. It was a simple shades with black threads woven around the wire. Ripping the black threads away was rather easy. But deciding on which fabric to use was a bit of a headache. Finally, after some deliberation, we decided to use the maroon fabric which have small roses and trellis. This is only 75% complete, project has to stop as I don't have the trimmings for the bottom part. What a dissapointment! This is the most frustrating part of the project, has to stop immaturely. Anyway, yesterday we went to JB again to look for nice trimmings. I will post the pictures of the complete shades once all are done.
No comments:
Post a Comment